China is to donate an additional $30 million to the World Health Organization (WHO) to support the global fight against COVID-19, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said on Thursday.
Chunying said on twitter that the donation would support WHO’s fight against the global pandemic “in particular strengthening developing countries’ health systems.”
She also noted that Beijing had already donated $20 million to the organization on March 11.
“At this crucial moment, supporting WHO is supporting Multilateralism and Global Solidarity,” Chunying tweeted.
Trump had cut U.S. financial support to the organization, criticizing its late warnings against the coronavirus pandemic that infected over 2.6 million people across the globe and killing more than 183,000.
Devastating 7.7 Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Southeast Asia, Killing Multiple People
Trump Announces Sweeping 25% Tariffs On Imported Cars And Parts
Sensitive US Military Plans Leaked In Stunning Security Breach
Israel Resumes Strikes On Gaza, Killing Over 400 Amid Ceasefire Breakdown