The temporary relocation of the Abuja airport to Kaduna by the Ministry of Aviation will cost N1.1bn.
The Minister of State for Aviation, Hadi Sirika who was speaking to the Senate about the logistics in relocating facilities from the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja to Kaduna said his ministry took into consideration the relevant agencies that would be involved in making the move possible.
Briefing lawmakers today, Sirika said the total sum would be a lofty sum of N1.134 billion. Here is a quick view of some figures he gave the Senate today on what the agencies would need for the project:
- Nigerian Railway Corporation — N100,326,400
- Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) — N237,247,216.21
- Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC) — N325,000,000
- Nigeria Police Force — N358,517,700
- Nigeria Immigration Service — N29,000,000
- Federal Ministry of Transportation — N84,000,000
The temporary closure of the Abuja Airport will take place on March 8 .