Former Anambra State Governor Peter Obi has been cleared by his party’s presidential screening committee after undergoing a screening exercise in Abuja.
Obi disclosed this in a statement on Wednesday, saying the screening, which lasted over two and a half hours, involved the verification of his academic certificates, NYSC credentials, and age declaration documents.
According to him, he also responded to questions concerning his vision for Nigeria and the kind of leadership the country currently requires.
Following the exercise, Obi said he was officially cleared and received the presidential nomination form he had earlier purchased.
He commended the screening committee, chaired by former governor Sam Egwu, for what he described as a thorough and professional process.
Obi also praised the leadership of the party for upholding democratic principles throughout the exercise.
“A New Nigeria is Possible,” he stated.

Desmond Elliot Withdraws From Lagos APC Primaries Amid Intimidation Claims
APC Releases List Of Senatorial Aspirants Not Cleared For Primaries
APC Announces Winners And Losers In Ondo National Assembly Primaries
Gbajabiamila Says Obasa Crisis Nearly Cost Him Chief Of Staff Position